The Photosmart 6510’s touch screen interface offers a convenient alternative to computers. Documents can be sent via connective options such as Wi-Fi, ePrint and eFax. The Photosmart 6510 is well equipped for home use with dual sided printing, print speeds of 7.5 ppm and memory card support. It also offers support for HP’s Web Apps and Apple’s AirPrint.
- Quick Set Up: You can set up your printer without your computer using the touchscreen display. The install wizard guides you through the process, helping you choose the best settings for your home need. This includes, adding photo paper and inserting the ink cartridges. You can decide to connect your computer remotely using Wi-Fi or directly using the printer’s USB.
- Google Cloud Services: You can send your photos and documents to the document from any device using Google’s cloud services such as from your Gmail account or Google Docs.
- HP ePrint: Email your documents directly to your printer from anywhere in the world with HP ePrint. This feature will require that you have an email-capable device and an active connection to the web for both the printer and device.
- Color LC Screen: With the responsive 3.5 inch touchscreen, you can use your printer or edit your photos with little difficulty. The touch screen is bright and clear and can be adjusted backwards or forwards to get the best viewing angle.
- eFax: Use your printer’s assigned eFax number to fax your documents at no cost. eFax services allow you to send and receive as much as30 pages every month for free. You will need an active connection to the web to send your fax.
- Wired Networking: With the in-built wireless feature, you can share your printer with multiple systems within range. You can print from any of these devices without needing to use cables.
- Memory Card Slots: Print your pictures directly from your phone or camera’s memory card by using the available memory card slots.
- Two sided Printing: Cut down on your paper cost by printing on both sides. The HP Photosmart 6510 has a setting that allows this to be done automatically.
- Airprint: Print your documents and photos wirelessly from Apple devices such as the iPod touch, iPhone and iPad.
- Paper Handling: The HP Photosmart 6510 is capable of handling 1000 pages every month. Paper size is within the range of 4inch x 6inch to 8.5 inch x 14 inch.
- Scan: Scan your documents with a maximum scan size of 8.5 inch x 11.7 inch and a maximum resolution of 1200 dpi optical.
- Print Speeds: The HP Phototsmart 6510 has a print speed of 7.5 pages per minutes (ppm) for colored pages and 11 pages per minutes for black printing.
- Copy: You can make a maximum of 50 copies.
Even without an automatic document feeder or a PictBridge USB port, the Photosmart 6510 offers a lot of features to home users. It printing quality is good for both graphics and texts and offers an appreciable selection of web features and third party services.