The HP Envy 112 is a compact all in one printer that offers multiple connective options some of which include HP ePrint, AirPrint, Wi-Fi and direct USB printing. It is enabled for eFax and supports direct printing from memory cards. It hosts an 80 sheet input tray and a colored touch screen LCD that can be used to set up the local network. Free apps allow you to print directly from the touchscreen without using your computer.
- Auto Duplex Printing: You can save the amount of paper you use by choosing the supported option of double sided printing
- Touchscreen: Deliver your commands using a built touch screen that can be adjusted to a suiting angle. During installation, the responsible touchscreen can be used to set the time and date as well as connect to the network. It can also be used to install and test the ink cartridges.
- Input Tray: Paper tray slides in and out of the unit as needed. The Input tray supports a maximum of 80 sheets reducing the need for manual insertion. The tray’s supported sizes include 4 x 6 inch, letter, cards and executive sizes.
- Flexible Connection: Connect to your HP Envy using wireless operations. The printer supports Wi-Fi 802.11 in. For faster data transfers, you can connect directly using the printer’s USB 2.0 cable.
- HP ePrint: Send your documents to your printer from anywhere in the world using any device enabled with HP ePrint. This feature assigns an email address to your printer allowing you mail documents directly to it.
- Apple Airprint: Print wireless from your iPhone 4, iPad or iPod touch. You can send your pictures or documents directly from any Airpint enabled device.
- Good Print Speeds: The HP Envy 114 offers fairly good print speeds with a paper per minute (ppm) rating of 7ppm for black prints and 4ppm for colored prints.
- Scan: Scan your documents with resolutions as high as 1200 dpi. The HP Envy 114 is equipped with a flatbed scanner type input, capable of supporting multiple sizes up to a maximum of 8.5 inch x 11.69 inches.
- Memory Card Support: The HP Envy offers secure digital and Memory card slots supporting different memory card types. You can print your pictures directly from your memory card. It however does not support PictBridge cameras.
- Decent Copy: The HP Envy is capable of copying 30 pages per minute for black prints and 25 copies per minute for colored print. It supports a maximum number of 50 copies at a time. You can choose to scale your copies from 50 to 400% of the original.
The HP Envy offers a flexible approach to printing. You can print your pictures and documents from your mobile device and tablet using HP ePrint and AirPrint. You can also print your documents directly from the web with decent resolutions for text and images. The HP Envy 114 is compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 as well as with Mac OS X v 10.5 to v 10.7.